Helpful tips for students seeking housing
KVCC is a commuter college. It is our hope that the information provided will help set you on the right path to locating quality, affordable housing in this area.
Things to consider when renting:
- How far away is the apartment from my work and school?
- What is incuded in the rent cost (heat, water, electricity for example)?
- What are the average utility bills in this building?
- Are there laundry facilities in the building or close by?
- Is there off street parking available?
- What is the lease agreement (month to month or year long)?
- Are policies regarding guests or pets?
- How much is the security deposit?
The Pine Tree Legal Website provides information on:
Where to Search for a Rental
Below are several sources you may use when searching for an area rental. Students should check rentals and georgraphic areas. KVCC does not endorse any one rental company, city or area.
Check the classifieds in local newpapers (Morning Sentinel and Kennebec Journal). Students may search for opportunities or post an ad in these newspapers.
Come visit the area! Students may find "For Rent" signs on the lawns and in windows!
Check bulletin boards in local businesses.