Upon enrollment, it is the responsibility of a student with a disability to identify him or herself as having a disability and formally request accommodations.
Steps for requesting an Accommodation
1st Provide documentation to the Director of the Learning Commons in a timely manner.
2nd Meet with the Director of the learning Commons to discuss requested accommodations and complete the paperwork to request accommodations.
3rd Meet with the Director of the Learning Commons to discuss implementation of acommodations. You may reach the Director at (207) 453-5084 or cjohnson2
Please note that requestws for accommodations must be renewed at the beginning of each subsequent semeste. The student will meet with the Director of the Learning commons to determine accommodation needs for that specific semester.
Admission Entrance Exam
Requests for testing accommodations for specific admissions exams (TEAS-V, PAX) or the general admissions placement exam (Accuplacer) should be made in writing to the Director of the Learning Commons. Following the approval of requested accommodations, students will make arragnements with the Director of the Learning Commons for a testing date.
Documentation must meet the following criteria:
- be written by a qualified practioner or diagnostician, be on letterhead and signed
- be current (3 to 5 years). In some instances, the currency of docmunetation will be less given the nature of the disability.
- state a specific diagnosis
- include a description of diagnostic methodology, including diagnostic criteria, evaluation methods and testing dates and results
- explain the impact the disability may have on the student's academic and vocational environment, and
- provide a description of accommodations and/or auxillary aids used in the past.