Employment Options with an associate degree in Education........"I have learned how to provide a better space, enriching activities, plan whole units around a child's interest versus just a day to day plan, and to make sure developmentally appropriate toys and diverse toys are provided. I can become a teacher, or I can become a great teacher by going above and beyond, by tackling harder tasks, by pushing myself. I have seen what I am truly capable of doing for myself. I have seen what I have to offer to the field." Brandy Stanley, second year student in Early Childhood Education
Mary Getchell, 2005 KVCC graduate, works in a center based Infant Toddler classroom at Educare in Waterville, ME.
Some jobs you might find that match your interest, education, and life are:
- School based employment as an Education Technician II
- Developmental therapist with a young child with disabilities
- Classroom teacher in a privately owned child care, nursery school, or preschool business
- Head Start Assistant Teacher or Classroom Aide
- Starting your own Family Child Care business