Applied Engineering Technology
~ Associates in Applied Science Degree ~
~ PROGRAM DESCRIPTION ~
The Applied Engineering Technology (AET) program at KVCC is designed for students interested in transferring for a Bachelor of Science degree in the Electrical Engineering Technology program at the University of Maine Orono, through our transfer articulation agreement.
The goal of the Applied Engineering Technology program is twofold:
- To prepare students with the technical knowledge and necessary skills for careers in the installation, maintenance, support, and troubleshooting of electronic equipment, communication systems, computers and computer networks.
- Produce calculus prepared engineering technology graduates to continue their education towards a B.S. in Electrical Engineering Technology or Computer Engineering Technology.
The AET program provides fundamental and advanced skills training in analog and digital circuits, programming microcontrollers, electronic communication systems, computers, and computer networks. The program emphasizes hands-on learning using the latest training equipment, innovative teaching techniques, and highly trained faculty members.
~ PROGRAM MISSION ~
Recognizing the need for lifelong learning, the Applied Engineering Technology program assists students at various stages of life to achieve their personal and professional goals.
The AET program strives to maintain high academic standards for teaching and learning through a continuous process of self-evaluation. Students are exposed to a learning environment which is safe and supportive of student growth and achievement.
~ EDUCATIONAL OUTCOMES ~
Upon Successful Completion of the AET program, each graduate will be expected to:
- Practice the technical skills of the electronics, electronic communications, and computer profession in a conscientious, responsible and accountable manner, while recognizing the need of continuing education to expand upon their technical knowledge and skills.
- Communicate effectively and posses the interpersonal skills necessary for success in an information based society.
- Utilize critical thinking skills and problem solving techniques to provide solutions for today’s electronics, electronic communications, and computer technology challenges.