Industry Recognized Professional Certifications
Each student is prepared for, and encouraged to take each of the following nationally recognized professional certification exams. These certifications will aid the graduate in gaining employment in related technical fields upon graduation.
- A+ Computer Certification - CompTIA A+ Certification covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops, and related hardware, and basic networking. Also covered in the exam is PC operating system installation and configuration along with network connectivity for mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS.
- Network+ Certification - CompTIA Network+ is designed to certify the competency of the computer network technician. The exam covers network technologies, installation and configuration, media and topologies, management, and security. Candidate job roles include network administrator, network technician, network installer, help desk technician and IT cable installer.
- Security+ Certification - CompTIA Security+ certification demonstrates competency in: Network security; Compliance and operational security; Threats and vulnerabilities; Application, data and host security; Access control and identity management; and Cryptography.
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician Certification (ACMT) - Verifies the ability to perform basic troubleshooting and repair of both desktop and portable Macintosh systems, such as the iMac and MacBook Pro. ACMT certification exams emphasize indentifying and resolving common MAC OS X problems using Apple Service and Support products.
- Certified Electronics Technician - The Electronics Technicians Association (ETA) exam is designed to measure the degree of theoretical knowledge and technical proficiency of the electronics technician. If passed, this certification will enable the student to be recognized as an Associate Level Certified Electronics Technician.